Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GOAP @ the Hut... coming along!

Thanks to Scott, Kendra, Finn, Curt, Hannah, Matthias, Leanne, Robert, Jen, Lisa, Gigi, Laurie, Erik and Craig ... the Hut is coming along well! It already looks like the kind of place I would like to go for work and play- which is exactly why it is being created in the first place.

I think you are really going to like it too. Erik delivered the mats this morning and talked me through some of the technical issues regarding the space. Then Craig and I began laying the floor... we got a lot accomplished.



As each piece of the puzzle is put into place the reality of what is being created becomes more tangible... the sound of feet pounding on the platform, the vibration of plates hitting the deck and the contrast of the shiny flooring against the sage colored corrugated tin- gives even more motivation to keep the ideas flowing.

It is difficult to NOT continually think about what new concept or addition to try out. The image of a big group of friends gathered inside and around the outdoor workout area, watching WODs take place on the grand opening weekend has frequently entered my mind This is really, really fun!

Look forward to having Dave and Jeff come by tomorrow and help out with some sanding, priming, painting and laying the remainder of the floor. If YOU want to drop by- I can give you a job to do- but if you just want to look... I will give you a tour and explain the vision in person!

More soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Man!!

    Great to see how groovily everything is working out for you! Just judging from the few picks you've posted of the space, it looks waayyy kick ass!!

    I can't wait to get up there and check it all out!

    And syncronistically enough, I may end up having my opening on that same Sept 8th!

    Here's to many lines!!

    ReplyDelete